Grenada, a small country in the northeast of Venezuela located in the heart of the Caribbean, offers great opportunity for high net worth South African citizens who want to obtain a second passport for visa-free access to UK, Schengen member states in Europe, China as well as numerous other countries worldwide. Island’s Citizenship by investment program was launched in 2013 and since then 1,000+ investor applications have been processed.
Investment immigration experts noticed a significant increase of interest for obtaining Grenada citizenship from South African passport holders. Below our team assembled the major reasons making the program so attractive:
- Passport of Grenada secures a visa free access to 130+ countries including Schengen member states in Europe, The United Kingdom, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil and almost all South American counties too. In-fact Grenada is the only country that offers visa-free access to China for 30 days. It also allows its passport holders to stay in Europe for up to 90 days within a 6-month period and up to 180 days per year in the UK.
Basically, having Grenadian passport saves lots of time for business people who have no need to apply for visa to countries mentioned above and gives more freedom of movement around the world.
- Grenadian citizenship also allows to participate in the US investment based residency program called E-2 Treaty Investor visa. This visa program is not available for passport holders of China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and many others unless they obtain citizenship of Grenada and apply with Grenada passport. In-fact no other Caribbean passport holder can benefit from this privilege. E-2 Visa is issued for up to 5 years and can be renewed unlimited number of times after it is expiration. However, investors are able to look into converting into another residency type visa available. Grande Property team of international experts will look into each case separately to offer the most suitable option. Minimum investment amount starts from $100,000 and depends heavily on the type and industry of the business. Major benefit of this visa program of foreign investors that it can be issued within 1 to 2 months period and will grant entire investor applicant’s family (spouse and children) right to reside, work and study in US without putting life on hold.
- No visit to Grenada is required to obtain citizenship in the country. There is no requirement to reside on the island as well. The passport is issued within 3 to 4 months
- Dual citizenship is allowed and recognized by the government of Grenada. All investor applicant personal data is also kept confidential and do not get disclosed to 3rd parties. The citizenship is granted for a lifetime. With passport validity of 5 years, it takes about a week to renew it. In order the passport to be renewed with no need to travel to the island.
- Grenada is proud of its citizenship by investment program transparency. Entire investment amount is required to be transferred once the citizenship application is approved. Along with that Grenada passport holders benefit from a favorable tax treatment which include zero or no tax on worldwide income, capital gains and inheritance.
Contact Grande Property international team in USA, Hong Kong or India to learn more about Grenada citizenship and how it can benefit you, your family and your business to meet your immediate and long-term lifestyle goals.